Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I chose a rock

This past October we took the kids backpacking to Bryce Canyon NP.  We did the "Under the Rim" trail.  It would be the first time when the girls would not have a privy.  We would have to do "cat holes".  I prepared the girls ahead of time and told them what we would need to do.  I told them you could use a rock, or a log, or just squat.  I knew this would be a learning experience for them.
Due to some unfortunate events - Nancy had to take the girls and her oldest boy down the trail without me, my husband and "the boy".  When they got to the nights campsite the girls need to pee.  So they checked out the area and found a good log.  The girls were informed on how to pee using the log.  Phoebe looked at the log and turned to Nancy and said - "I chose a rock.".  "Well, Phoebe do you see a rock around here you can use?" Nancy questioned her.  Then she surveyed the area.  "No."  "Ok then - we are using the log."

No comments:

Post a Comment